- Lie on your side with your head supported on a pillow.
- Place the top arm hand behind your head. (If this position hurts your shoulder then place your hand on your sternum).
- Start with your knees below waist level to target the lower ribs.
- Roll your upper trunk back and try to touch the top arm elbow to the floor. Once you feel a mild stretch roll forward to the starting position.
- Repeat the rolling back movement 3x.
- Also do this stretch with your knees at waist level to target the middle rib cage and with knees above waist level to target the upper ribs.
- Repeat on the other side.
Side Lying Rib Rotation Stretch