- Start in side lying with your bottom leg bent at the hip and knee, top leg extended straight and reaching long through the heel. Make sure that you are truly lying on your side, and not settling back on your buttocks.
- Lift the top leg off the bottom leg until the foot is roughly hip height.
- Engage your abdominal muscles by imagining your are sucking a piece of spaghetti through your belly button.
- Keeping your foot at hip height, draw your knee up toward your chest.
- Return to the start position with the leg fully extended using your glutei to press the heel away from you.
- Keep the foot elevated at hip height for the duration of the set, moving the knee to the chest and back through extension.