Also known as “Two up, One Down,” this exercise is easy to remember how to do by its name.
- Start by standing on a flat surface, feet close together.
- With both legs, raise yourself up onto your toes.
- While balancing on your toes, lift your left foot off the ground completely.
- Now lower yourself down with your right foot until it is flat to the floor.
- Repeat the exercise only on the right side for the duration of a set before switching to the left.
This exercise can be progressed over time by standing with heels over the edge of a stair step.