- Stand with back to the wall, neutral spine, feet about hip width apart and 12” away from the wall.
- Bend knees slightly. Place thumbs on lower rib cage, pinky fingers on hip bones, resting remaining fingers on the soft tissue in between.
- Begin by taking a deep breath in, abdomen relaxed.
- As you exhale, purse lips and blow air out, tightening deep abdominal muscles as you go.
- Draw your navel back towards your spine, and ribcage back and down towards the floor.
- Repeat 5-10x.
Standing Transverse Abdominus Brace