- First lie down on a foam roller so both your head and tailbone are supported.
- Next draw in your belly button to engage your core muscles.
- From this position you can both work your abdominals and mobilize your rib cage:
- Raise arms so hands are positioned over shoulders. Then move one arm out to the side stopping when your hand is level with the body then return arm to the starting position.
- Raise arms up so hands are positioned over shoulders. Punch arm upwards towards ceiling then lower down.
- Raise arms up so hands are positioned over shoulders. Move arm overhead keeping core tight.
With any of these variations you can either alternate arms or complete all the reps on one side then switch arms. If this exercise is easy without a weight then try adding a small weight. Do 5-10 reps
Supine Obliques on Foam Roll